Cutting-edge developments in ag innovation will be the focus for a February 10 forum in Kanas City at Union Station. “The goals for the forum are to celebrate and showcase new technology emerging in agriculture,” says Bob Petersen, executive director of the Agricultural Business Council of Kansas City, which is hosting the event.
The event will feature keynote presentations from several nationally prominent experts:
• Ben Johnson, Vice President of Programs, BioSTL, “Agtech Innovation – Bridging Urban and Rural Economic Vitality.”
• Dr. Parag Chitnis, Associate Director for Programs, National Institute for Food and Agriculture, “Agriculture of the Future: People, Places, and Products.”
• Dr. Elena Rice, Chief Scientific Officer, Genus PLC, “Exploring the Promise of Gene Editing.”
Three panel discussions will delve into more specific topics:
• Geospatial engineering, automation & digital technology in agriculture. Leading equipment providers and technology experts will highlight their efforts. Moderated by: Dr. Brad Fabbri, Chief Science Officer, TechAccel.
o Matt Olson, Product Marketing Manager – Precision Ag, John Deere.
o Dr. Raj Khosla, Agronomy Department Head, Kansas State University.
o Dallas Ford, Director Global Business Development, Sentera.
o Dr. Tom Eickhoff, Chief Science Officer, The Climate Corporation and Digital Farming.
• Successful new-to-market concepts from entrepreneurs that encompass plant and animal agricultural and feature new platforms to enhance productivity. Moderated by: J.J. Jones, Co-Founder, Roots & Legacies.
o Kevin Johansen, Founder & CEO, Ag Butler.
o Shekhar Gupta, Founder & CEO, MyAnIML.
o Ryan Raguse, Co-Founder & President, Bushel.
o Dr. Martha Schlicher, Entrepreneur-in-Resident, BioGenerator.
o obert Forsythe, Co-Founder & CEO, Milk Moovement.
• Efforts to build more sustainable systems featuring local to global perspectives across a broad range of the food and agricultural spectrum. Moderated by: Amy Skoczlas Cole, Executive Vice President, Farm Journal.
o Michael Doane, Global Managing Director, Food & Freshwater Systems, The Nature Conservancy.
o Dr. Sarah Lovell, Director, Center for Agroforestry, University of Missouri.
o Dr. Sara Place, Chief Sustainability Officer, Elanco Animal Health.
The emcee for the forum will be Chelsea Good, Vice President Government & Industry Affairs, Livestock Marketing Association
Registration details and further information are available at: www.agbizkc.com.