Case IH is launching updates to Puma series tractors – models 185, 200, 220 and 240 – to enhance the efficiency, comfort and convenience. From an updated hood with new styling to increased service intervals and enhanced drivability, the new features and advancements aim to improve the operator’s experience and boost productivity.
“Producers need more time to tackle the tough jobs on their operations, and this Model Year 2021 tractor lineup aims to help provide more uptime, more efficiency and more comfort to make long days feel shorter,” said J.E. Cadle, Case IH Maxxum, Puma and Optum series tractors marketing manager. “Puma series tractors deliver the right size and power to handle a wide range of applications. With these updates, our engineers used feedback from our customers to provide an enhanced operator experience and maximize productivity.”
Updates to the Model Year 2021 Puma series tractors include:
• Increased service intervals to maximize efficiency and uptime
• Redesigned hood with enhanced LED work lights to provide a uniformly lit work area, helping the operator safely tackle after-hour jobs
• Drivability improvements for the optional CVXDrive continuously variable transmission
• In-cab cool box feature for enhanced comfort
• Redesigned optional front hitch
• Low-mount wiper for maximum visibility in any conditions
Longer service intervals, efficient power
Helping producers achieve greater productivity with less fuel, Case IH Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology improves horsepower, engine responsiveness, fuel economy and durability, all while lowering emissions. With the latest advancements, Model Year 2021 Puma models 185, 200, 220 and 240 achieve longer service intervals without sacrificing production: 750 hours for engine oil and 1,500 hours for transmission fluid.
“Not only will increased service intervals save producers time but also it helps keep maintenance costs down,” Cadle said. “With SCR technology, we’re able to maximize horsepower with better fuel economy.”
Enhanced drivability with CVXDrive
Available on Puma series tractors, CVXDrive continuously variable transmission provides intuitive operation and smooth, seamless power transfer through varying conditions without torque interruption. By selecting the target speed, the transmission automatically adjusts to deliver the desired speed to match load conditions. When equipped with CVXDrive, updated Puma models 185, 200, 220 and 240 incorporate several drivability enhancements, including:
• Greater customization to match transmission behavior with any job
• Smoother acceleration, deceleration and shuttle behavior
• Finer drive pedal and MultiController sensitivity
• Cruise control pedal override
MultiController low-speed safety lock and position detection
Updated Puma models 185, 200, 220 and 240 are now available to order. Model Year 2021 Puma 150 and 165 tractors with updates including longer service intervals and refreshed styling will be available in March 2021. For more information, contact your local Case IH dealer or visit www.caseih.com.