Source: Canola Council of Canada news release
Charlene Bradley has been elected the new Chair of the Board of Directors for the Canola Council of Canada (CCC). Bradley is vice-chair of SaskCanola. She succeeds David Dzisiak who finished his two-year term as chair and is stepping down from the board as a director.
“On behalf of the board, I’d like to thank our outgoing board members David Dsiziak and Neil Arbuckle for their leadership and long-standing commitment to the canola industry,” says Bradley. “We also warmly welcome three new directors as we continue to work towards our Keep it Coming 2025 goals.”
New to the CCC Board of Directors are:
• Garth Hodges, BASF, nominated by life science companies
• Ryan Law, Bunge, nominated by the Canadian Oilseed Processors Association
• Brad Orr, Corteva Agriscience, nominated by life science companies
To provide a strong voice for all segments of the industry, CCC directors are nominated by organizations representing growers, processors and exporters, as well as life science companies.
“Guided by our new work plan, and a strong and well-aligned value chain and board, the Canola Council is well-positioned to move the industry forward and respond to tomorrow’s challenges and opportunities,” says Bradley.
The new board was announced at the CCC’s Annual General Meeting held as part of the Canadian Crops Convention in Montreal. The event also included the launch of the CCC’s 2018 annual report: The Power of Partnership as well as a presentation to the Honourable Gerry Ritz, recipient of a CCC Honourary Life Membership Award in recognition of his outstanding contributions to the canola industry.
2019/20 CANOLA COUNCIL OF CANADA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Nominated by the canola growers associations:
• Charlene Bradley, SaskCanola
• Gerry Hertz, Canadian Canola Growers Association
• Curtis McRae, Manitoba Canola Growers
• Kevin Serfas, Alberta Canola
Nominated by the Canadian Oilseed Processors Association:
• Brian Conn, Louis Dreyfus Company
• Michael Irons, Archer Daniels Midland Company
• Ryan Law, Bunge
• Jennifer Marchand, Cargill Ltd.
Nominated by the Western Grain Elevator Association:
• Jarrett Beatty, Parrish & Heimbecker
• Rick Knightly, Cargill Ltd.
• Tracy Lussier, Louis Dreyfus Company
• Dean McQueen, Viterra
Nominated by life science companies:
• Garth Hodges, BASF
• Brad Orr, Corteva Agriscience
• Paul Thiel, Bayer CropScience