In this episode of the Nutrient Management Podcast, we discuss surgarbeet nutrient management. How did Minnesota become the nation’s top sugarbeet producer? What are some highlights from past sugarbeet nutrient management research in Minnesota? What current studies does the U of M have on sugarbeet nutrient management? What else should growers know about sugarbeet nutrient management?
- Daniel Kaiser, Extension nutrient management specialist (St. Paul)
- Melissa Wilson, Extension manure nutrient management specialist (St. Paul)
- Lindsay Pease, Extension nutrient and water management specialist (Crookston)
- John Lamb, professor emeritus, Department of Soil, Water and Climate (St. Paul)
- U of M sugarbeet fertilizer guidelines
- Cover crop options for pre-pile sugarbeet
- Is Minnesota really one of the nation’s top sugar producers? (Star Tribune)
For the latest nutrient management information, subscribe to the Nutrient Management Podcast wherever you listen and never miss an episode! And don’t forget to subscribe to the Minnesota Crop News daily or weekly email newsletter, subscribe to our YouTube channel, like UMN Extension Nutrient Management on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and visit our website.
Support for the Nutrient Management Podcast is provided by Minnesota’s fertilizer tonnage fee through the Agricultural Fertilizer Research & Education Council (AFREC). Learn more at MNsoilfertility.com